Cobbs Allen, an independent risk management and insurance brokerage firm, is seeking a full- time staff accountant for their Birmingham office and new accounting graduates meet the experience criteria. See below for more information.
Job Summary: Responsible for managing and reconciling the company payables, vendor payables, cash reconciliations and assist in financial reporting, as needed.
Core Competencies: The ideal candidate will possess proven or demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
- Boss Relationships: Responds and relates well to bosses; would work harder for a good boss; is open to learning from bosses who are good coaches and who provide latitude; likes to learn from those who have been there before; easy to challenge and develop; is comfortably coachable
- Customer Focus: dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Ethics & Values: adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches
- Integrity & Trust: widely trusted; is a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent for personal gain
- Organizing: can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
- Planning: Accurately Scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and road blocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results
- Priority Setting: spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers
- Self-Development: is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; understands that difference situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits
- Time Management: uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- College degree or equivalent practical accounting experience of 5 years
- Proficient with excel, attentive to detail, and must be a motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recording daily deposits
- Reporting related to Accounts receivable and maintaining open lines of communication with producer and account teams regarding overdue balances
- Issuing client refund checks
- Obtain the needed information to complete finance contracts, submitting these to the finance company and acting as the liaison between the finance company and producers/account managers.
- Assist in monthly closings.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Cobbs Allen is a national insurance and risk management firm headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. With offices in Houston, Kansas City and New Orleans, we offer the best in traditional commercial insurance, surety services, employee benefits services, personal insurance services, and alternative risk financing services. Cobbs Allen is an equal opportunity employer. Follow news about the company @cobbsallen.com
Please send résumés to Cindy Irwin at email@example.com