Davison Fuels & Oil is looking to hire an assistant controller to help bolster their accounting department in their Mobile, AL office.
This job is open to accounting students, including those who will graduate in May. Students interested in applying also do not need to be CPA-tracked.
If you are interested in applying, e-mail your résumé to Harry Eldred at email@example.com.
More from the Firm
We are currently looking to hire an assistant controller to help bolster our accounting department. We are an oil and gas distributor operating throughout the Southeast, so our accounting department has a lot on their plate with a wide range of responsibilities. This is an entry-level position, but it would provide tremendous experience in a number of different areas of accounting for someone who is willing to learn in our industry. This particular position also has the potential for growth within the department and the company. I truly believe that this would be a great opportunity for one of your students!
The starting salary range would be $35-45k. Benefits include top-tier health insurance from BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama completely paid for by the company, 401k savings plan with company matching, and paid vacation.
Applicant must have an undergraduate degree in accounting as well as strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills. This is an entry-level position with potential for future growth in our organization. With appropriate guidance and training, the applicant will be expected to fulfill and/or assist with the following roles and processes:
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Serving as a liaison to external auditors
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments