Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (FHLBank) has two intern positions available for 2020: Accounting Operations Intern and Accounting Services Intern.
More from FHLBank
About the Internship Program
Every year, FHLBank Atlanta welcomes undergraduates and graduates from the country’s leading universities to our nine-week, paid internship program. In addition to gaining real-world business experience in the financial services industry, interns can also take advantage of mentoring opportunities, participate in community involvement projects, and enjoy other benefits the Bank has to offer.
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (FHLBank Atlanta) is a cooperative bank that offers competitively priced financing, community development grants, and other banking services to help member financial institutions make affordable home mortgages and provide economic development credit to neighborhoods and communities.
Our products, services, and programs help financial institutions manage daily liquidity; fund mortgages originated for sale in the secondary market; fund loans and investments held in portfolio; improve their asset/liability management; meet community credit needs profitably; cover temporary deposit outflows; and reduce the funding cost of asset growth.
FHLBank Atlanta also serves the economic and housing needs of communities by providing local financial institutions with flexible options for community development initiatives. We contribute 10 percent of our annual net income to the Affordable Housing Program.
Accounting Operations Internship
- Daily General Ledger Reconciliations
- Derivatives Payments and Collateral
- Learn back office trade validation processes and provide additional assistance as needed
- Advances and Letter of Credit Processing
- Monthly Go Close Responsibilities
· Majoring in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
· Strong analytical skills and willingness to learn
· Proficient computer skills, including Excel
· Attention to detail
Accounting Services Internship
- Assist with Accounts Payable
- Assist with Journal Entries
- Assist with Reconciliations
- Assist in Financial Reporting which includes preparing Form 10-Q to be filed with the SEC
- Assists with Bank Regulatory reporting
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Accounting major with successful completion of coursework in Intermediate Accounting I and II
- Exposure to Derivative Coursework
- Proficient in Excel
If you are interested in applying or would like more information about the position, click here.