Florida Blue (Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida) is seeking interns for Summer 2021 in Jacksonville, FL. The internship will be 10-12 weeks long. Florida Blue interns are invited to join a high performing finance team to gain valuable experience and exposure to relevant finance principles in an evolving health insurance industry.
Florida Blue interns have access to campus perks such as athletic facilities, a fitness and health center, on site dining options, and employee activities. The Florida Blue culture embraces flexibility, innovation and diversity. They are looking for unique talents to help them advance their mission of helping people and communities achieve better health.
- Support the attainment of organization and department business goals
- Provide research, development and analysis support to meet various Florida Blue departments' business needs, products and processes
- Perform accurate and timely research, data collection, analysis, verification, and reporting of data or information within the finance area
- Work under minimal supervision and adapt to a dynamic, challenging environment
- Currently enrolled as a junior, senior, or graduate student
- Pursuing a degree in Accounting
- Cumulative 3.2 or better GPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially Microsoft Excel)
- Good time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration/relationship building and detail-oriented skills
Business Specific Criteria (Preferred Skills)
- Cumulative 3.5 or better GPA
- Understand or have experience in the Health Insurance Industry
Apply on Florida Blue's website, and follow Florida Blue on Twitter at @FLBlue and #WorkWellHere.