Stephens, Inc., a privately held financial services firm, is looking to hire a candidate with a four-year Bachelor’s degree with a preferred background in accounting/finance. The Investment Banking Analyst position is a two year program that combines extensive training and on-the-job experience in which analysts work with and assist senior Stephens bankers in advising the firm’s clients.
The deadline to apply on Handshake is 9/4 at 5:00 pm. You can apply at the link below.
The Investment Banking Analyst position is a two year program that combines extensive training and on-the-job experience in which analysts work with and assist senior Stephens bankers in advising the firm’s clients. The goal of the program is to offer analysts the best opportunity to learn and prepare for a career in business while making significant contributions to the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Analysts have a broad array of responsibilities that are executed alongside our veteran bankers, as well as, the senior management teams of our clients. These tasks include:
- Developing detailed financial analysis and the preparation of models for various types of transactions
- Composing presentation materials including: tailored pitch books, Confidential Information Memorandums and other marketing materials
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative industry research and analysis
- Performing other operational and administrative tasks as needed
The two year program puts motivated Analysts on track for a Senior Analyst role at our firm.
This position has no direct supervisor duties other than potential leadership of small project teams of other analysts.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Maintains confidentiality.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
The full-time analyst program is open to candidates with a four-year Bachelor’s degree and is ideally suited to those with a demonstrated interest or background in accounting / finance. Strong candidates for the analyst program must have:
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Outstanding record of academic achievement;
- High level of personal integrity and work ethic;
- Ability to work well on teams; and
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong computer skills including the use of financial reporting software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook E-mail and the Internet. Ability to learn and use other industry specific software as required.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to accurately read, interpret and communicate large volumes of numbers and data; ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; ability to work effectively under frequent periods of time pressures and long hours of work; ability to work with all levels of employees and managers as well as outside contacts; ability to complete assigned projects exercising independent task structure and procedure; ability to work well on small teams. Individual should possess a high level of personal integrity.
Math and analytical aptitude must be exceptional
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FINRA Series 79, 7 and 63