Stone Martin Builders in Opelika is hiring an entry-level accountant. With their growth pattern, this role could easily develop into a more sophisticated position for the right person.
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Assists accounting clerical staff.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable to change
- Good at communication
- Willing to ask questions when needed
To apply, send your résumé to:
Jan Oates, HR Manager
404 S 8th Street
Opelika, AL 36801