Tiger Dining is recruiting outgoing, energetic students to educate their peers on new dining options across campus. The 10-15 hour per week role begins this summer with Camp War Eagle sessions and extends into the fall semester.
Peer to Peer Sales Team Member Job Description – Tiger Dining
About Tiger Dining Services’ NEW Marketing Team:
This fall Tiger Dining will have many new options for student dining on campus. We are recruiting outgoing, energetic students to educate the campus on all the new options! Students will now have meal plan options that will allow them to dine in two all- you care to eat dining locations, Village Tiger Zone and Foy Hall, along with their favorite retail dining locations.
About the Job:
These students will be working Camp War Eagle and the start of the fall semester as a minimum requirement but also intermittently throughout the semester as they would like and their schedules allow. Students will need to be available to work 10+ hours per week discussing meal plan options for student. P2P will have the opportunity to provide peers with information about Tiger Dining and the new meal plan options! P2P will support enhancing the campus experience with dining services; after all – Food, Fun and Friends are always on the menu!
We will have an in-depth sales training to educate students about meal plan sales, options, sales tactics and requirements. This a paid position that is a great opportunity to work with other students and on campus.
Hours per Week: 10-15 hours per week
Pay: $10 per hour
Term: A flexible schedule during the day is a must! Very few nights and weekends.
- Likes to have fun at work and demonstrates a sales competitive nature
- Background and interest in Sales/Marketing
- Desire to actively engage with customers to educate upon and promote meal plans
- Work well independently and with a team
- Be a good role model who demonstrates professionalism
- Self-motivated and strong communicator with managers, customers and parents
Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable about meal plans, declining balance, and Auburn Dining Services locations
- Adheres to all policies/procedures
General Expectations for Peer to Peer Sales Team Members :
- Detail oriented
- Protect and uphold the rules and guidelines put forth by Auburn Dining Services
- Utilize the tools and technology available to sell meal plans
- Able to prioritize and carry out work tasks
- Does not allow distractions to prevent the completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback while always maintaining a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to respond quickly to issues at hand with a resolution while maintaining composure
Appreciation of Differences
- Understand and respect the values and beliefs of others
- Treat all customers, peers, and supervisors respectfully and professionally