Winkelmann Flowform Technology is seeking a part-time accountant who will be in Auburn for the upcoming year (at minimum). This position could eventually turn into a full-time job, so they would like someone with potential to grow with the company.
This is the first level of position requiring an understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles, as well as good practice required for bookkeeping. Accountant will be responsible for:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Performs general or cost accounting activities requiring some insight and depth of understanding.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions, monthly reconciliations
- Specifics of job content will vary from preparing journal entries and checking supporting entries, to carrying out well-defined steps in cost accounting analysis.
- Work is well-defined with review in progress, as well as at completion, for accuracy and soundness.
- Prepares cost journal entries as needed with appropriate back-up according to company policy
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Entering of Accounts Payable and Receivables while coding to correct general ledger codes
- Understanding and Preparing of monthly Sales & Use Tax
- Detail oriented
- Tracking of fixed assets and depreciations schedules
- Support in monthly and year-end closing procedures
Mandatory Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience (for Full-Time role - FYI)
- Degree in Business Administration / Finance
- Experienced in SAP a plus
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Minimum of 3 solid years of Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Manufacturing Sales & Use Tax
To apply, send your résumé to:
Pamela Breedlove ( Office Manager/HR)
229 Teague Road
Auburn, Alabama 36832
(334) 758-6400 - Office
(334) 728-6101 - Cellular