Financial Analyst Internship
Date Opened: Oct 15, 2019
Location: Northbrook, IL, US
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
360 Finance and Allstate Life & Retirement Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical analytics and consultative support to drive optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategy and improve operating results. Our financial reporting, deep-dive analytics and focus on financial projections is essential as we collaborate with senior leadership across the corporation.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify emerging issues and assist in implementation of strategies
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business
- Prepare and help build storyline for financial updates
- Analyze and report financial results, utilizing multiple data sources, to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related area of study
- Analytical skills to compile information, recognize patterns and draw insights and conclusions
- Oral and written communication skills in order to work effectively across the organization
- General understanding of financial and accounting concepts
- Time management and organization skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and ability to analyze, manipulate and interpret large amounts of data
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs