2020 Summer Internship
Information Technology — 00001Z6W
Would you like to be part of the solution of creating healthier futures for patients, while gaining unique work experience?
What you will be doing
AmerisourceBergen is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies, currently ranking 10th on the Fortune 500 and with over $150 billion dollars in annual revenue. At AmerisourceBergen, our mission is to deliver innovative products and services that drive quality and efficiency in pharmaceutical care.
Under the support of your intern manager/mentor, you will assist with a variety of I.T. specific job assignments and contribute to challenging and business critical projects.
We have opportunities across a variety of functions in our IT department. This may include but not limited to application development, statistical analysis, information security, cyber security, IT governance, disaster recovery, data protection, and more.
Your summer projects may vary based on your business alignment; however, our goal is to give you an enriched corporate internship experience helping you discover the answers to these questions:
- How do I network professionally?
- How do companies maintain civic and social responsibilities within their communities?
- How can I graduate with experience that will lead to a successful career in my area of interest?
- How does a global healthcare company maintain success in an ever-changing healthcare environment?
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements:
- Required GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or post-graduate educational program in a relevant field of study. Preferred rising junior to rising senior.
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Availability is required through the length of our 10 week program, estimated dates are June 1, 2020, through August 7, 2020 .
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Must be eager to learn, self-motivated, flexible, accountable and can effectively handle multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Preferred knowledge of Microsoft Office