This is a paid, nine-week internship during the summer of 2020 in Nashville, TN. Housing will be provided.
Job Summary: Assist in the development of detailed system specifications for major business or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. Apply systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of automated information technology systems or infrastructure components.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: A wide variety of responsibilities may exist within the various IT units. Responsibilities vary, but may include one or more of the following duties:
- Performs all programming, development, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision.
- Provides project management, programming, systems and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Works on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support if infrastructure component change management.
- Develops major system modules, programs or infrastructure releases based on requirements gathered from system customers.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Fully knowledgeable of current programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems.
- Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
- Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale at the time of application. Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA through graduation. GPA will be verified before the start of the internship.
- Completed junior year in degree in related field.
- Ability to work independently, as well as with other employees and customers
- Knowledge of and ability to apply statistical analysis skills to measure, analyze and improve service
- Ability to utilize office software systems and prepare documents, reports, spreadsheets and graphics
- Strong communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of current technology in programming languages, infrastructure requirements, computing hardware and software environments, or current development processes and tools
- Knowledge of the finance industry and experience in project leadership