About Merck’s Information Technology Division (IT)
Merck Information Technology (IT) provides technology solutions across all divisions of Merck to help fulfill the mission of improving the lives of patients. We develop and use technology to help answer challenging questions like:
- How can we help doctors enhance their engagement with patients?
- How can we help our scientists invent more life-saving medicines?
- How can we help streamline our supply and distribution channels?
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing your skills in a professional technology environment.
Merck IT’s Summer Internship Program Description
Merck is looking for talented students to join our internship program starting in June 2020. Merck’s IT Summer Intern Program offers participants a unique opportunity to explore different areas within IT. This professional development internship is 9-12 weeks (generally starting the first full week in June) and provides you with the chance to learn about IT and Merck. It features a program of networking activities and challenging projects to help you discover if Merck IT is the right fit for your long-term goals. We are looking for students passionate about using technology to advancing healthcare.
Potential internship locations include NJ, PA, and TX. Please note that no housing assistance is available for these positions. “This is a full- time summer internship position. Housing subsidy is not available as part of this program and must be funded 100% by the student.”
Summer internship assignments are assigned based on business need and role availability with consideration to your skills and development goals. Internship project assignment can not be guaranteed at the time of application. Examples of areas you can potentially work in include:
- Data Science & Informatics
- Business/Technical Analysis
- Project Management
- Digital Product Development
- Cyber Security
- Cloud Technologies
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Currently enrolled in a BA/BS or Master’s program with an anticipated graduation date between December 2020 and August 2022.
- Currently pursuing a degree in one of the following areas: Science, Technology, Engineering, Business/Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics/Data Science, or a related field.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Passion for using technology for healthcare advancement.
- A self-starter with demonstrated campus/community leadership experience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Geographic flexibility and willingness to build new skills. Internship may be assigned in various US locations including but not limited to NJ, TX, and PA.
- Must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US or otherwise authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher