The MiLB Associates Program offers an immersive baseball leadership experience to post-graduate students, enhancing their understanding of Minor League Baseball operations through a valuable, hands-on opportunity with the league office and our clubs. This paid internship program begins with orientation in January and concludes with a team project presentation and attendance at the Baseball Winter Meetings in December. The goal of this program is to prepare entry-level professionals for a career in sports, especially Minor League Baseball. During this year-long program, Associates will gain an in-depth understanding of the department in which they are assigned and exposure to all other aspects of Minor League Baseball.
The Associate, Digital Marketing & Analytics assists the Digital department with a variety of sports-digital related tasks, with a concentration in digital marketing, communications and analytics support.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing & Communications
Status: Intern (Temporary, Full-time)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Work Hours: Up to 40 hours/week
Start Date: January 13, 2020
End Date: December 18, 2020
- Assist in researching, writing, compiling, and monitoring monthly, club-facing digital newsletters.
- Assist in the research and activation of the 2020 digital marketing strategy and promotional calendar.
- Prepare weekly updates and performance reports to track growth and success rates of marketing campaigns.
- Gather and analyze monthly reporting and analytics for overall traffic for the MiLB digital network.
- Assist in the research and preparation of digital marketing educational material to share with Minor League Baseball Clubs.
- Provide creative digital ideas and solutions for Minor League Baseball Official Partners based on partner goals and objectives.
- Research and prepare custom-tailored data from MiLB's digital network for potential national partner pitches based off partner goals and objectives.
- Assist with website and creative copywriting, proofing and updating, as needed.
- Recommend new ways to promote our digital content including videos, podcasts, and articles across all MiLB channels and platforms.
- Optimize and engage on the MiLB Twitter and Instagram accounts by providing fans fresh photography of new merchandise, while always maintaining MiLB's tone of voice.
- Assist with presentation and meeting preparation as needed.
- Develop and deliver an end-of-year presentation to the Digital team on how the MiLB digital fan has changed from 2019 to 2020, as well as provide and digital marketing or technology recommendations, specifically addressing who the digital fan is and recommended ways to engage and increase our conversion of this audience.
- Actively participate in all 2020 MiLB Associate Program activities and projects.
- Perform other departmental and company-wide duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, business analytics, communications, or other related area of study, required
- MS Office Excel and PowerPoint experience, required
- High-level understanding of Google products such as Google Data Studio, Google Ads, and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and their paid platform tools (ie. Facebook and Facebook Business Manager)
- Working knowledge of Email Service Providers such as MailChimp
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Analytics
- Working knowledge of Web Development and HTML a plus
- Previous experience in sports not required, but interest and knowledge, specifically in MiLB, preferred
Skills & Attributes:
- Organizational, professional, interpersonal, multi-tasking, creative skills, and ability to think "big picture"
- Oral and written communication skills, required
- Ability to capture or create, edit, and publish content with great attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Social media savvy and ability to effectively communicate with and reach our audience across all channels including, but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and YouTube
- Ability to work autonomously as well as on a team
- Must be able to be present in St. Petersburg, Florida for duration of 2020 MiLB Associates Program (January 13, 2020 to December 18, 2020)
- Must be available to travel to Baseball Winter Meetings
- Must be physically present at work location during required business hours
- Professional office environment; this position uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Primarily sedentary role; however, some filing required including the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool or lift up to 40 pounds as necessary
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening and social security verification