Norfolk Southern (Atlanta, GA) Summer 2021 Marketing Internship (ideal for BUAL students or ISMN students interested in analytics).
Summer 2021- Marketing Internship
Location:Atlanta, GA, US, 30309
Company:Norfolk Southern Corp.
- Monday to Friday
- During the months of May through August
As a Market Analyst Intern, you will be assigned to one of six commodity groups in Marketing including Coal, Chemicals, Metals & Construction, Agriculture or Paper, Clay & Forest Products, or Intermodal/Automotive. Our marketing team is responsible for maximizing profitability of existing business levels, developing new business, and maintaining and growing relationships with our existing customer base. As a member of this team, you will support internal customers in developing comprehensive market analyses and plans. Your quantitative analysis will be used to support Norfolk Southern’s business review and forecasting processes, business development and operating metrics.
What makes a successful Market Analyst?
- Strong analytical skills to provide accurate revenue analysis, volume forecast, as well as supplemental analyses including data on macro-economic trends and drivers within NS’ markets.
- Solid interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with your team, leadership, and your customers.
- Ability to participate on high-functioning teams which craft and deliver presentations.
- A self-starter willing to learn his or her commodity, external factors influencing pricing of that commodity, and interact with industry experts.
- Skilled in conducting research studies that will provide the team members and senior management with actionable business intelligence.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree
- Preferred Degree Paths: Economics, Management, Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, International Business, Statistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Freshman (27 or fewer credits) - $2,500/month
- Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) - $2,800/month
- Junior (60 to 89 credits) - $3,000 /month
- Senior (90 or more credits) - $3,300/month
- Graduate Student - $3,666/month
*Living stipend of $850/month is available to those who qualify.
New Headquarters – Atlanta, GA