Summer 2020 Intern
Sales Strategy and Operations
LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
The Sales Strategy and Operations team is a high-performance team chartered with providing global analytics across all Business Units, Clouds and Regions and partner with our Sales Leaders to further enhance our support in GTM strategy and pipeline development. This involves providing a mix of sound strategic advice combined with practical operational insight.
We work on the most pressing issues for the business and we have very hands-on involvement in making the fast-paced BU a success. The pace and environment feels more like a start-up than a big corporation. The background of the team includes a mix of top-tier strategic consulting, financial institutions, and strong operational experience in both large blue chip companies as well as leading start-ups.
The Sales Strategy and Operations intern will share responsibility for driving the continued success of Salesforce by supporting our commercial growth strategy. The successful candidate will have a relentless curiosity, and possess a passion for research, data, and creating innovative solutions to challenging business problems.
- Must be a current Junior / rising Senior pursuing a Bachelor's degree preferable in Business, Mathematics, or Economics
- Previous internship experience in sales, consulting or a related field, or at a technology company
- Self-starter and a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand
- Exceptional problem-solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience with financial modeling in Excel. Experience with SAP Business Objects, Tableau, R, Python a plus
- Data visualization, data science, and machine learning experience with python and R