AP / IB Credits
Depending on your AP/IB test score(s), you may be eligible to receive Auburn University course credit that can satisfy requirements in your business curriculum. Please visit:
- AP/IB Conversion Tables to see if your scores merit course credit and,
- College of Business AP/IB Conversion Table to see how those credits may count towards your Pre-Business curriculum requirements.
The scores should be provided from the testing agency or by a home report copy. Please call (334) 844-2528 to verify what credit you are eligible to receive. Note: Auburn University does not accept CLEP credit.
- ACT (English) with a score of 30-34 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL1100 (English Comp I).
- ACT (English) with a score of 35-36 will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL1100 & ENGL1120 (English Comp I & II).
- SAT taken before March 2016, Critical Reading/Verbal score:
- Score of 680-710 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
- Score of 720 and above will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
- SAT taken March 2016 or after, Reading score:
- Score of 36-37 will receive 3 hours credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
- Score of 38- 40 will receive 6 hours credit for ENGL 1100 & ENGL 1120 (English Comp I & II).
Upon receipt, appropriate course credit will be applied to your Auburn University transcript. Because Auburn receives a large number of requests for AP/IB credit, there may be some delay in posting credit to your transcript. Please check your transcript periodically to ensure you have received the proper credits. Contact the Office of the Registrar at (334) 844-2528 if you have questions about this process.