SOS Orientation for Transfer Students
All transfer students are required to attend SOS – Successfully Orienting Students – a one-day program that introduces incoming transfer stduents to university services, meetings with academic advisors regarding their academic transition to AU, and small group discussions on college student life led by upper-class student leaders.
Beginning Fall 2019, Auburn is launching a new process for incoming off-campus transfer students. (This process is also applicable to new Freshmen who begin in Spring term.) After being accepted, new transfer students must complete the following steps:
- ACTIVATE YOUR STUDENT ACCOUNT - Go to auburn.edu/activate to set up your account. You will need your username and student ID number. Both pieces of information are in your acceptance letter.
- SUBMIT THE ENROLLMENT DEPOSIT - Go to auburn.edu/admissions/deposit to submit the non-refundable deposit to guarantee your admission.
- COMPLETE THE PRE-ORIENTATION MODULES - YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR COURSES IF THIS IS NOT COMPLETED. Visit aub.ie/transfermodule for more information. The pre-orientation modules will help you complete your transfer plan of study and prepare you to register for classes when your registration time ticket opens. To be ready for your registration time ticket, you MUST complete the pre-orientation modules and pay your enrollment deposit by October 15th. (To ensure your AU advisor has time to review your incoming academic information, students entering the College of Business are highly encouraged to complete this process well before the university's October 15th deadline.)
- REGISTER FOR CLASSES - In order to register for classes, you must have submitted your enrollment deposit and have completed the pre-orientation modules, which includes your transfer plan of study. After your AU advisor has reviewed the information you submit, you will receive a suggested list of classes to take your first semester at AU. More information is detailed in the pre-orientation modules.
- REGISTER TO ATTEND 'SUCCESSFULLY ORIENTING STUDENTS' (SOS) - SOS registration in only available online through your AU Access account. Directions can be found at auburn.edu/sos/registration. You do not have to register for courses before registering for SOS; however, it is highly encouraged to complete the modules before attending SOS. Please call First Year Experience at (334)844-4501 if you have difficulty registering for SOS.