The online Graduate Certificate in Accounting (GCA) is an 18 semester hour non-degree seeking program offering Master of Accounting (MAcc) course work to working professionals who desire to meet one or more of the following goals:
- Gain credentials to teach at collegiate level
- Matriculate to Master of Accountancy with only four courses remaining
- Enroll in graduate program without GMAT
- Enjoy flexibility and convenience of online program
- Take classes required for CPA exam and certification
- Update and expand accounting knowledge and skills
- Enroll in a U.S. News & World Report top online graduate program
To be considered for admission, a candidate's academic credentials and work experience must be competitive for admission to the online Master of Accounting, excluding the GMAT. We do not advertise minimum GPA requirements, because the Admissions Committee uses a holistic approach when reviewing a candidate's application package. The Committee places high emphasis on the quality of a candidate's academic background, overall and accounting grade point averages, and work experience.
The GCA may be completed in three semesters. Students working full-time may take only two classes per semester. In the last semester, students who have performed well in the GCA may apply to the online MAcc with only four additional courses remaining to complete the Master of Accounting degree.
Not sure which Auburn Accounting Online program is right for you, use the Program Selector to find the best match.
Online Accounting Program
The online accounting courses combine traditional instruction with modern delivery methods to offer educational opportunities beyond Auburn's campus. Our online degree option is identical to the on-campus option regarding rigor, standards, and student accountability and follows the traditional university academic calendar. The Harbert College of Business is known for the quality of its online programs, as well as for its innovative course delivery. For the third consecutive year, U.S. News and World Report has ranked the college among the top online programs nationally and the online Master of Accounting Program is ranked No. 5 by the Accounting Degree Review.
The accounting programs at Auburn University are accredited by The Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International), the “gold standard”
of business and accounting education.
Reasons to Choose Auburn Accounting Online
- The online Master of Accounting is ranked No. 5 by the Accounting Degree Review.
- The Auburn University Harbert College of Business is ranked No. 6 for graduate online programs in the U.S. according to U.S. News and World Report's 2015 Best Online Business Program rankings.
- The Auburn Accounting Online Master of Accounting is ranked No. 4 by the Online Accounting Degrees Programs.
- The Master of Accounting Class of 2015 averaged an 80 percent or better pass rate on all four sections of the CPA exam – far above the national average.
- Offered online since 2000, the online Master of Accounting is accredited by The Association of Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AASCB International).
- The Harbert College of Business houses smart classrooms where campus classes are recorded and streamed online to distance students for live viewing or to be viewed later – thus distance students receive the same lectures as campus students, with online discussion boards supplementing in class discussion and facilitating interaction among peers and professors but with the flexibility needed for a working professional.