The City of Auburn has an open opportunity for accounting majors to work full-time as an Accountant - Cash Disbursement. This is an excellent opportunity to gain real-world experience in the government sector.
The opportunity closes February 16th, 2023 at 11:59PM (CST).
Below are some key excerpts from the job description.
This position is responsible for performing specialized accounting duties in support of the City and Water Board’s cash disbursement activities. This position will report to the Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager.
Responsibilities of the analyst include:
- Reviews, verifies, and processes payroll for the City and Water Board.
- Reviews, verifies, and processes vendor checks for the City and Water Board.
- Analyzes and reconciles general ledger accounts monthly and annually for City and Water Board.
- Performs various accounting and financial transaction duties.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties and prepares related reports.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.