Earn Rewards through BP
Each year BP opens its doors to a new generation of high achievers through our Early Engagement programs. These programs offer students the opportunity to meet BP employees from a variety of fields, learn from leaders, participate in trading simulations, and even be awarded an academic scholarship.
If you know U.S. based college students who are eager to learn more about the energy industry, BP and IST, programs currently accepting applications include:
IST Sophomore Experience
- This exciting, week-long program delivers a unique opportunity for students to learn more about the world of commodity trading and origination.
- There are two options to choose from: May 18-21 in Houston and June 15-19 in Chicago.
- Students will gain an understanding of how the worlds of finance and energy meet, while also being exposed to BP's corporate culture and values.
- This program is open to current university sophomores (graduating 2022) of any major or discipline with a strong interest in business, trading and origination. Learn more here
- BP is offering $5,000 scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year to high-achieving university students studying in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Business.
- Students will also be offered an opportunity to visit a location and experience first-hand what life is like at BP. Learn more here.
BP STEP Program
- BP Shaping Talent, Energy and Potential (STEP) is a four-day leadership development program designed for second year undergraduate Engineering majors (graduating 2022).
- Students will engage in leadership workshops, network with BP executives and employees, gain insight into the energy industry, and apply classroom knowledge toward real business issues through a team case competition. Learn more here.
Applications for all programs are currently open through March 1.