Announced February 17, Dixon Hughes Goodman (DHG) and BKD have agreed to merge to create a new, Top-10 national professional services firm, effective June 1. This merger will take the best attributes of both firms to create a future-focused firm that puts people first and provides an unmatched experience to our clients. As a new firm, we will have more than 5,400 team members in in 68 markets across 27 states, as well in the United Kingdom and in the Cayman Islands, with a gateway for growth. This footprint broadens our national reach, giving us the opportunity for new, career-enriching engagements that will enhance career mobility for students.
Key Merger Highlights
Strategically Compelling for Both Organizations
- Builds a national firm with $1.4 billion in revenue, uniquely positioned to deliver outstanding opportunities for team members and clients.
- Merges two, well-established firms with strong operating histories spanning nearly 100 years.
- Positions the firm for continued growth, expanding the breadth of services available to each firm’s current client bases while deepening the resources required to serve larger private and Fortune 1000 advisory clients.
Beneficial for Clients and Team Members
- Broadens geographic reach, placing experienced talent in several key markets to provide onsite services more efficiently.
- Builds scale in key industry areas and client service segments, creating synergies within existing industries and expanding the reach of others to a total of 10 national industry practices.
- Builds new career development opportunities across industry verticals and geographic locations.
- Improves national market recognition, supporting growth of non-audit related services to better serve clients, including those in the Fortune 1000.
- Positions the firm as a destination employer with a people-driven culture.
BKD CPAs & Advisors ranks among the nation’s Top-15 professional services firms. The firm offers clients a variety of services in accounting, audit and assurance, and tax as well as risk management, technology and cybersecurity, wealth management, valuation services and more. BKD employs approximately 3,300 dedicated professionals who serve clients in all 50 states and in myriad industries.
Click here for additional information
With more than 2,100 people in 13 states, Dixon Hughes Goodman ranks among the nation’s Top-20 professional services firms. Offering comprehensive assurance, tax and advisory services, DHG focuses on major industry lines and serves clients in all 50 states as well as internationally. Click here for additional information.
BKD and DHG are members of Praxity, AISBL, a global alliance of independent firms, which enhances its ability to serve the dynamic needs of multinational clients. Praxity™ provides the gateway to tax, assurance and consulting services delivered by alliance firms committed to the highest standards required in international business.