Professional organizations realize it's important to engage college students, so many offer a reduced cost student membership. Joining these organizations, such as a state society of CPAs, can not only build your résumé, but offers a vast network of contacts!
Alabama Society of CPAs + AICPA Student Membership = FREE!
Dual membership with the Alabama Society of CPAs and the AICPA connects you with the two essential organizations established to support you on your journey to becoming a successful CPA — from college, to the CPA Exam, and beyond. Membership in both offers:
- Local network — Connect with fellow CPA hopefuls as well as area professionals eager to help you succeed.
- Student programming — Attend local events and activities that are designed to inspire and inform your pursuit of those three precious letters: CPA.
- National support — Stay relevant with the industry news that accounting professionals rely on, and get exclusive access to programs and discounts on products and services.
(I encourage everyone to take advantage of THIS MEMBERSHIP while you are a student because it's FREE! If interested in working in another state, you can Google that state's society website to see about joining there as well. e.g. Georgia is $25.)
Institute of Management Accountants = $25
Membership in IMA gives students a competitive edge as they prepare for life after graduation. As a vibrant association of more than 100,000 professionals, students, and academics around the world, our mission is to support members at every stage of their career journeys.
IMA supports students in school and beyond through:
- Academic scholarships and competitions offering significant cash awards
- Networking, education, and professional development opportunities
- Our Student Leadership Conference (this year, on November 14-16 in Charlotte, N.C.)
- CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) certification
- IMA Accounting Honor Society (IAHS), an opportunity to be recognized for academic achievements
- And much more!
For a limited time, students can become IMA members for only $25 (regularly $39) by visiting this website. This offer expires on February 29, 2020.