This workshop is a two-part series:
- Part I: Navigating Work Authorization, Wednesday January 20th
- Part II: Job Search Tools and Strategies, Wednesday January 29th
Join Auburn Immigration Counsel, Monique Meadows, and advisors from AU Office of International Student and Scholar Services to learn about strategies for navigating your job search process in the United States.
-Employer concerns: cost, timing, obligations and responsibilities
-Typical employment paths: Curricular Practical Training (CPT), Optional Practical Training (F1), Academic Training (J1), Work Visas (H1B)
-Optional Practical Training for STEM students
-How you can understand the immigration process and train employers
- Developing a job search strategy
- Job search tools and resources
- Follow up process
- Elevator pitches
In order to make the most of this workshop, please complete the following prior to attending: -Access and familiarize yourself with GoinGlobal.
- Log into your Handshake account
- Select "Career Center" in the top right menu
- Select "Resources"
- Select "GoinGlobal"
- Select the link to navigate to the GoinGlobal external site.
Explore each of the GoinGlobal sections, specifically including Career Guides by country and H1B applications.
Dress Code: Casual