Under direct supervision, an Audit Associate performs routine assignments in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements in the field of business operations, finance, compliance and/or information technology. Performs basic audit techniques and/or ad hoc reporting. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' Standards and Code of Ethics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a basic understanding of the audit life cycle, audit programs, business monitoring
and audit methodology. Applies knowledge to audit activities.
Completes assigned audit steps in an objective and professional manner in support of the annual audit plan and/or audit priorities.
Tests basic audit, application, and/or ITGC controls in an objective and professional manner; may assist in updating risk assessment and/or audit documentation.
Gathers and analyzes data to perform assigned tasks; completes basic reports and/or work papers.
- Utilizes a limited number of business systems and applications to complete assignments
while ensuring adherence to corporate and industry audit standards.
Participates on cross-functional teams and contributes to the accomplishment of team goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. Senior or Junior standing preferred.
Experience: No experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at any level
- Familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, solve problems, and meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented