The Mr. Cooper 12 week long Summer Internship Program provides real-world, professional work experience and the opportunity to be a valued contributor! From day one you’ll be working side-by-side with your mentor and manger on project-based work that enables you to apply the knowledge and skills you are learning through college courses. And we’re not talking about “busy work” here; this is about gaining valuable hands-on experience that is critical to our success. You’ll do real work, earn real pay and have a ton of fun while doing it!
Intern Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will learn the inner workings of corporate management and how to report company results. This includes (but is not limited to) month end reporting, budgeting, and variance reporting of corporate expenses. They will learn the basics of Mortgage Servicing & Originations, and how Mr. Cooper relates to the mortgage industry as a whole.
- Monthly and weekly reporting of financial and operational metrics
- Will involve high levels of communication across multiple organizations to effectively and accurately report the profitability of the business
- Will work with Operational teams to assist in the execution of staffing and expense reductions
- Report development project work; utilizing Workday general ledger system and data
What will you gain?
- Industry knowledge from all 3 major functions within the Mortgage Industry (Corporate, Originations, and Servicing)
- Real experience producing information that will be utilized by senior leadership of the company
- Exposure to financial planning and analysis processes in a complex industry
- Exposure to tools and processes in finance and accounting functions
Intern Qualifications & Ability
- A high school diploma or state accepted equivalency is required.
- Currently a junior or senior in college with an expected graduation date in 2020 - 2022
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to execute multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Demonstration of leadership and working within a group or team environment a plus
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
What is the opportunity?
Mr. Cooper is offering a unique opportunity that will shape your career as a licensed Home Advisor. Extensive paid training will be provided to assist you in acquiring your national lending license. You will build a new skill set with ongoing professional development, coaching, on-the-job learning, mentoring, and career path planning.
Are you a self-starter? Do you have a proven work ethic? Are you a natural leader among your peers? If you answered yes to these questions, you should strongly consider working with the #1 largest non-bank mortgage servicer in the country.
A day in the life of a Home Advisor...
No day will be the same, but some key responsibilities include:
- Smart selling: Build rapport by addressing/resolving inbound customer inquiries and fitting them into a solution to help fulfill their long-term financial needs.
- Actively listen to understand their needs, motivations, and contexts; capture both personal and financial insights to lay the groundwork for more personalized solutions
- Manage customers at various stages of their home loan journey
- Regularly share back learnings with team and leaders; actively contribute to team initiatives and shared goals; support teammates through peer mentorship and feedback
Why should I be a Cooper?
- This year more than 52% of the Home Advisor team's management openings have been promotions from our internal team
- Aggressive paid vacation, company paid holidays and we even get paid time off to volunteer
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, flexible spending accounts for childcare and health care
- Reimbursement available for educational expenses
- Dallas team members enjoy a day at Six Flags every year with family & friends
- Coffee – need we say more? Unlimited full range of coffee & tea provided all day long
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in sales, customer service or service industry experience
- Involvement in extracurricular activities i.e. clubs, sports and other activities
- Energetic personality
- Great communication skills
- Desire to grow your career and make a difference at Mr. Cooper
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.