People’s Bank of Alabama is seeking a Commercial Banking Intern.
This internship is a minimum 10-week, entry-level role allowing students to gain experience and knowledge in the commercial banking industry. The position provides an opportunity to work alongside Credit Analysts and Commercial Relationship Managers. You will evaluate the financial, operational, and managerial strengths and weaknesses of our clients/prospects and learn how those factors drive lending decisions.
The position is located in Birmingham, AL in the Central Business District. A minimum of 15-hours work per week is required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERN:
- Shadow commercial credit staff, commercial lenders, and various other departments to understand how a loan is originated, booked, and serviced
- Learn how to spread, analyze, and interpret financial statements utilizing personal and business financial statements and tax returns
- Perform market and industry research for prospective and existing customer relationships
- Lend support in gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers
- Work with commercial credit staff, commercial lenders, and bank management to gain knowledge of appropriate loan structure and pricing based on risk assessment
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Currently enrolled or completed bachelor’s degree program with major coursework in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or closely related field
- Student should have a pending graduation time-frame between May 2020 and May 2021
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills