AllianceBernstein is currently seeking to fill their full time accounting internship positions in Nashville, Tennessee. AB is hiring for tax/accounting and rotational accounting internship positions for Summer 2023. Apply using the links below!
Position Overview (Tax):
The Tax Intern will be primarily responsible for preparing basic tax return workpapers, assisting in the preparation of provision workpapers, researching tax issues, and maintaining tax calendars and due date listings.
- Preparation of the quarterly income tax provision and related support, including analysis of permanent and temporary book/tax differences, deferred tax balances, uncertain tax positions, valuation allowances, and tax account reconciliations and proofing.
- Preparation of US federal, state and local, and foreign tax return workpapers and liaising with the external CPA firm in preparing the partnership and corporate tax returns.
- Calculation of quarterly estimated tax payments, including oversight of proper accounting for all the tax accounts.
- Assist in following and maintaining quarterly Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) processes in connection with tax accounts and keeping track of all key documentation.
- Assist in the research and documentation of technical tax issues related to tax reporting and compliance.
- Proactively interact with other departments and center personnel to gather information.
- Respond to tax notices and other correspondence from tax authorities.
Qualification and Skills:
- Candidate should be at least a junior in college graduating in May/June 2024, with a degree focus in finance or accounting.
- GPA Requirement: 3.0
- Proficient MS Office with Excel and Access knowledge.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Strong client focus with the ability to respond timely.
- Can work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Position Overview (Rotational):
The internship will be a 10-week general Finance internship that will provide opportunities for the intern to rotate across the following functional areas: Accounts Payable, Finance/Forecasting, Financial and SEC Reporting. Under the direction of the Controller‘s group the Finance Intern will support the accounting function in a variety of accounting and finance duties. This position will be responsible for and assisting with daily Finance operational tasks and special projects.
- Current enrollment in an accredited College/University is required with a graduation date of May/June 2024
- GPA Requirement: 3.0
- Candidates must be pursuing an undergraduate or Fifth Year Master’s degree in accounting or finance
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to think critically
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Willingness to learn and perform tasks as assigned
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive attitude and strong team orientation