Foshee Residential is looking for an enthusiastic accounting intern to assist our Controller. Foshee Residential is based in Montgomery, Alabama. Intern will work remotely.
The position will include training in multiple areas of the financial reporting associated with property management, including cash management, general ledger and journal entries, receivables, and payables. The candidate will also be exposed to a variety of compliance work with various Governmental agencies.
- Assist with opening balance procedures for new clients
- Prepare assigned account reconciliations monthly, investigate issues and prepare adjusting journal entries as appropriate
- Prepare financial statements for detail review
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Process resident security deposit reimbursements
- Assist with month-end and year-end close outs, including audit and compliance work
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned by Supervisor / Controller
Requirements and Skills
- A recent graduate or in the process of completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and other accounting software programs.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate strong organization and time management skills with the ability to work without distraction.
- Completed introductory accounting courses and have a basic understanding of GAAP.
- Must be a team player and motivated to learn with a strong desire to take on a new challenge.
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your resume to Chelsea Hughes.