Hawkins & Company is seeking a part-time tax intern to assist our team with preparation of individual income tax returns. Under general supervision, the intern will learn to prepare individual 1040 income tax returns, organize client documentation into the client tax file, create and maintain detailed workpapers, communicate with clients regarding questions or missing information, and develop a positive rapport with coworkers during the most exciting time of year for accountants. Minimum qualifications for candidates include:
- Passing grade in Income Tax I
- Willingness to learn how to prepare individual tax returns utilizing a major software provider
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Knowledge of business, accounting, and tax terminology
Part-time at a minimum of 15-20 hours per week with the ability to work as much as wanted around the student’s class schedule. The seasonal period would be approximately February 12 to April 15.
Starting at $20 per hour.