Do you have what it takes to be a special agent with IRS Criminal Investigation?
- You can find out by experiencing a day in the life of a special agent on March 22nd.
- You are invited to participate in a full-day simulated criminal investigation where
you will receive a once-in-a-lifetime experience that includes hands-on familiarization
with what it’s like to be an IRS-CI special agent.
- You will investigate a fictional financial crime while being monitored by IRS-CI special
agents and professional staff.
- You will learn how to navigate the federal judicial system and to “follow the money”
to catch white-collar criminals using real-world investigative techniques.
Meet the Special Agents:
- Josh Etheredge is a Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Offices
in the Middle District of Alabama and the Middle District of Georgia. As an agent,
he has served as an on-the-job instructor and business opportunity program coordinator.
Previously, he worked investigations that included stolen identity refund fraud, return
preparer fraud, OCDETF, money laundering, tax evasion, PPP/EIDL fraud, international
gambling rings, and foreign lottery fraud schemes. He graduated from Auburn University
with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Finance and a Master of Business
- Chris Forte is the Supervisory Special Agent for the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation
Offices in the Middle District of Alabama and Southern District of Alabama. He is
currently a firearms instructor and defensive tactics instructor. As an agent he
was an on-the-job instructor, cybercrimes coordinator, and suspicious activity report
coordinator. Previously, he worked investigations that included stolen identity refund
fraud, return preparer fraud, OCDETF (tactical diversion) pill mills, money laundering,
tax-exempt organizations, tax evasion, sovereign citizens, PPP/EIDL fraud, and national
security investigations. He developed curriculum at the Federal Law Enforcement Training
Center for IRS-Criminal Investigation academy, specifically in refund fraud. He previously
trained agents and prosecutors in how to work stolen identity refund fraud investigations.
He graduated from the University of Toledo School of Business and received a Bachelor
of Business Administration in Marketing.
View 2023 Citizen Academy Recap