Point Broadband is looking for an accounting intern for Summer 2023 in Auburn. The candidate will work 25-30 hours a week. Tableau exposure preferred.
If you're passionate about analytics, love to learn, enjoy collaborating cross-functionally, and are excited to work with massive amounts of data, this is a great opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to the success of a top-tier technology company. The Data Intern is responsible for working closely with the internal teams to understand their business needs as it relates to providing data analytics and reporting. This includes creating dashboards, visualizations, and business tools for use across the organization. Other responsibilities will include identifying and cleaning data quality issues, troubleshooting existing dashboards, providing technical support, gathering, and analyzing data for reporting solutions and developing complex data movement strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices
- Build reports and/or data extracts to support business analysis
- Understand and perform data mapping of source data to destination data
- Team player who is also able to work independently and handle conflicting priorities while maintaining consistent, quality performance standards
- Ability to manage multiple tasks within tight deadlines and prioritize effectively, while delivering high quality work
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to assess the quality of data and to document caveats and assumptions
- Experience in data analytics techniques.
- Experience in Tableau writing reports and creating dashboards.
- Experience CRM system a plus
- 1+ years of experience in data analytics, business intelligence, and/or data science
- Knowledge of ETL and data warehouse concepts and processes
- Excellent relationship-building skills to identify stakeholder needs, foster trust, challenge assumptions and make recommendations
- Be resourceful enough to work and seek out solutions independently
- Eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
(Candidate will have to pass drug screen and background check. Will be onboarded via ADP.)