SaveFirst is currently seeking to fill their part-time positions available including SaveFirst Quality Reviewer (Jan - Apr 2023) and Tax Site Coordinator (Dec 2022 - Apr 2023). The internships consist of training to become IRS certified and assisting with tax return preparation in an oversight role.
SaveFirst is an initiative that provides free tax preparation to low-income, working families. This program is provided through the IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) for qualified individuals and is a program of Impact America.
Every tax season, America's hardest-working families rely on their tax refund to support
expenses. Unfortunately, they face exorbitant, negligent, and sometimes fraudulent preparers that cost our communities millions in fees. SaveFirst provides free tax preparation services and meaningful opportunities for savings.
As a SaveFirst Quality Reviewer, you may have the opportunity to:
- Earn $15/hour
- Complete approximately twelve hours of virtual tax training to learn both basic and advanced tax law concepts
- Gain IRS certification as an Advanced volunteer tax preparer
- Work 10-30 hours/week between late January and mid March (or until Mid April if possible)
- Assist families with high-quality tax preparation at community-based sites and/or from home through GetYourRefund virtual tax preparation as needed and approved by SaveFirst supervisor
- Complete SaveFirst training course by January 17th
- Pass the IRS Certification Test(s)
- Regularly schedule weekly hours at tax sites
As a Tax Site Coordinator, you may have the opportunity to:
- Earn $20/hour
- Supervise volunteers (mostly young adults), interns, quality reviewers for the tax
- Adhere to all IRS and SaveFirst regulations for site operations, including scope of returns, privacy of information and site procedures
- Conduct Quality Reviews of tax returns
- Assist in preparation of tax returns as needed
- E-file tax returns at the end of shift and correct rejects as needed
- Maintain communication with Impact America/SaveFirst staff about staff operations
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and repeat the same movements, such as typing, with or without assistance
- Must have the ability to understand the speech of another person, verbally communicate clearly so listeners can understand, see details of objects that are less than a few feet away, and follow both verbal and written instructions
- Ability to understand the speech of another person, verbally communicate clearly so listeners can understand
- Large portions of time spent looking directly at a computer
For more information:
Please send a statement of interest and resume to Caroline Janeway, Alabama State Director to apply.