Get accounting experience for 2-4 hours per week!
Circa Creative Studios, a creative services firm based in Nashville, seeks a student bookkeeper for 2-4 hours per week (remotely).
Bookkeeping responsibilities will include the following:
- Applying cash receipts to open invoices
- Reviewing and classifying expenses
- Preparing payroll journal entries
- Reconciling financial statements at month-end to help ensure accuracy of financial statements
Job qualifications and skill set needed:
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and financial statements (i.e. through Intermediate Acct 1)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (including use of pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
- Proactive communicator, self-starter
- Detail-oriented and able to manage time effectively
Expected time commitment: 4 - 6 hours per week for first 3 - 4 weeks to onboard; 2 - 4 hours/week subsequent to onboarding.
Pay: $20/hour through end of onboarding period; $25/hour subsequent to onboarding.
The expectation would be that the hire would manage their own schedule and have certain agreed-upon tasks completed by deadlines throughout the month. The controller will provide training on Circa's accounting software, Xero, and the related bookkeeping tasks, and will be fully available via phone or Zoom to support them throughout the month.